Atlantic Lottery is committed to promoting the responsible use of its products, working with its shareholders in the areas of responsible gaming awareness and education, and supporting agencies that treat problem gamblers in Atlantic Canada.
More than a philosophy, responsibility is a core value at ALC and the foundation for business decisions.
ALC encourages players to make informed choices about their play. After all, having fun when playing our products is what it's all about.
Atlantic Lottery has developed a range of features to promote the responsible use of www.alc.ca. These features were evaluated by independent responsible gaming advisors from the International Gaming Research Unit at Nottingham Trent University and GamRes Ltd with the conclusion that www.alc.ca employs a premium level of social responsibility. The features are as follows:
- Tips to keep it Fun! provides you with information on playing games of chance responsibly. Click here for more information.
- Deposit Limit allows you to establish a limit on the amount of money you can deposit each week. Click here for more information.
- Self Assessment allows you to evaluate your play behavior by answering some questions. The assessment is for informational purposes and is not stored by Atlantic Lottery.
- Self-Exclusion enables you to suspend your play for a time period you choose. Click here for more information.
- GamTalk Forum GamTalk is an online forum for anyone who wants to discuss gambling issues, concerns about the gambling behaviour of a friend or loved one, or advice on ways to keep gambling responsible. Developed by Dr. Richard Wood, a psychologist who specializes in responsible gambling initiatives, GamTalk will create a support network for players at all levels of the risk continuum. Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH). Click here for more information.
- Session timer enables you to keep track of how much time you have spent in your session. The timer will update when you go to a different page or refresh the page you are currently viewing.