A few extra loonies in your pocket could be your ticket to excitement. For just a couple of dollars, you can choose from a wide range of fun and responsible lottery ticket options. Try your luck with Breakopen or a Scratch’N Win ticket, or get in on one of the larger jackpot lotteries like Lotto 6/49 or Lotto Max, starting at $10 million! Play on your own, with a buddy or a whole group — the choice is yours.
Here are some tips on buying and checking your tickets:
- Sign it! Did you know you should always sign your retail lottery ticket as soon as you purchase it? Signing guarantees the ticket is yours, and must be completed before you can claim your prize. When you buy a ticket online, your personal alc.ca account ensures the ticket belongs to you.
- *Top prize winning Bonus Breakopen tickets will require signature and have a signature line on the ticket.
- Group tickets also need to be signed. Make sure you designate one member to sign the tickets. Find out more about buying tickets and playing the lottery as a group.
- Adults only: In keeping with our strong commitment to responsible gaming, you must be 19 years or older to purchase lottery products in Atlantic Canada.
Check and Be Sure
- Look closely: Before leaving the retail counter, double-check your lottery tickets. If you pick your own numbers, make sure the numbers on your draw ticket match the numbers you chose on your selection slip.
- A clean ticket: Your ticket should be free of damage, defects, or marks. Avoid making any markings on your ticket, except for your signature and any other required information. If your ticket seems damaged, call our Customer Care Department at 1-800-561-3942.
- Download our Mobile App: From Checking jackpots and winning numbers to playing your favorite games, the Atlantic Lottery mobile app now allows you to enjoy all of the benefits of having an alc.ca account from your mobile device. Learn More >
- Self-serve ticket checkers: Check your own tickets to see if they are winners before having them validated by a retailer. You can also check your winning numbers results on this website or by picking up a winning numbers list at your retail location.
- *Breakopen tickets are the only tickets that can’t be checked using the self-server ticket checkers.
- See your results firsthand: Just look at the customer-facing screen at retail. These screens are attached to all Atlantic Lottery terminals and instantly show you the information when your ticket is being validated by the retailer.
- *Breakopen tickets will not appear on customer-facing screens as they are not validated with Atlantic Lottery terminals.
- Keep it: When you have your ticket checked by a retailer, they will always return both the ticket and the player receipt to you. Take a moment and make sure that you have both.
- *Breakopen tickets will not be returned to players as Retailers are required to keep the tickets and deface them.
- Redeem your prize of $250 at lottery retail locations.
- Redeem tickets of up to $9,999 at any branch of the Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank) in Atlantic Canada, or in person at Atlantic Lottery’s Head Office in Moncton, NB.
- If your ticket is a winner of $10,000 or more, contact Atlantic Lottery at 1-800-561-3942 to make arrangements. You will need to present your ticket and two pieces of ID (including one with photo). If you are a member of a group win, you will all be required to sign a group agreement form.
The claiming process for Breakopen tickets is slightly different than our other lottery games (draw-based, sports, or Scratch’N Win).
Retailers validate non-barcoded Breakopen tickets using face-validation. For each winning Breakopen ticket, the prize amount won is clearly identified and positioned in an orange win box over a non-winning symbol on the ticket. The prize amount indicated on the ticket is the prize amount that you will be paid by the Retailer when you claim your prize. Winning non-barcoded Breakopen tickets are not returned to the player when they are paid.
*All tickets excluding winning Bonus prize tickets must be redeemed at location of purchase. Winning Bonus prize tickets have a designated signature line, orange win box and text directing you to contact Atlantic Lottery’s Customer Care team. Retailers will direct you to contact Customer Care for prize claiming information.
If you’re still feeling uncertain about the validation process, don’t be shy – give our Customer Care Centre team a call at 1-800-561-3942.
BACK TO TOP