Claiming your Prize
If you believe you have a winning ticket worth $10,000 or more, please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-561-3942 or INFO@ALC.CA. They will take your information and put you in contact with a representative from our Winners Team to verify how you may be able to claim your prize.
In order to provide a temporary alternative for claiming prizes at retail locations or through Scotiabank (Bankline), players now have the option of following an online claim process for prizes of up to $9,999.
To redeem a ticket worth up to $9,999, please complete and sign the Prize Claim Form. This is only available for players who have checked their ticket on a ticket checker, mobile device or on alc.ca. If your ticket has been validated on the lottery terminal, it cannot be claimed through the digital process – call our Customer Care Centre at 1-800-561-3942 for more information on how to claim.
Claims can take up to14 business days to process. Please retain the original copy of your lottery ticket until your claim has been processed and your prize is paid.
If you are unable to complete this process, Atlantic Lottery asks players to hold on to the potentially winning ticket until normal operations resume or use the mail-in prize claim process.
To claim prizes up to $999.99 by mail, send us: a copy/photo of one piece of primary ID or two pieces of secondary ID (more information on identification below); your original ticket (a copy can be kept for your records); your current address; a daytime phone number or email address so we can contact you if needed. Mail the above items to:
PO Box 5500, 922 Main St., Moncton, N.B., E1C 8W6
For prizes over $1000, please email email@example.com for instructions before mailing your prize claim in order to ensure all the necessary documentation is included. The estimated turnaround time is for mail is 6-8 weeks.
Ensuring Atlantic Canadians receive the prizes they are entitled to is a top priority and Atlantic Lottery thanks our players for their patience and understanding during these challenging circumstances.
Claiming Your Prize
Please note that some of the information below has temporarily changed due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please see the above instructions on how to claim your prize during COVID-19 for more information.
Sign your ticket in ink. You can sign on the front or back of your original winning ticket.
Then, fill out the back of the ticket (including name, address, signature on the signature line, and a daytime telephone number). This helps to protect you if your ticket is lost or stolen.
Verify your numbers by consulting:
- The Atlantic Lottery (AL) website Winning Numbers page
- Our Atlantic Lottery Mobile App
- The toll-free numbers: 1-800-561-3942
PLEASE NOTE: In the event of a discrepancy between winning numbers identified above and the official winning numbers report, the latter will prevail.
Confirm and claim your prize! Here are some guidelines:
- Prizes of $250.00 and under can be redeemed at lottery retail locations
NOTE: Some retail locations can redeem prizes up to and including $500 and some up to $999
- Prizes between $250 to $9,999.99 can be redeemed at any Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank) in Atlantic Canada or in person at Atlantic Lottery’s Head Office in Moncton, NB
- If your ticket is a winner of $10,000 or more, contact Atlantic Lottery at 1-800-561-3942 to make arrangements. If you are a member of a group, you will all be required to complete a Group Win Agreement.
Share your news! When claiming a prize of $10,000 and above, you are required to let us use your full name, city, province, prize amount, game won on, and a current photograph to publicize your winnings.
- Cash prizes of up to $9,999.99 and free plays are deposited into your alc.ca account
- Cash prizes of $10,000 or more, contact Atlantic Lottery at 1-800-561-3942 to make arrangements
Players must provide proof of identification when claiming a lottery win. Regulations state that identification is required, however, copies and associated information will not be kept by Atlantic Lottery once the prize has been processed and paid.
Winners are required to provide one (1) piece of valid Primary ID (not expired) or two (2) pieces of Secondary ID. If no primary ID is available, please let the Winners Rep know and they will provide you with your alternatives.
Identification provided to ALC must support all the following information pertaining to the Winner:
- Legal Name
- Photo (not mandatory with two secondary pieces of ID provided)
- Date of Birth
Primary Identification must be valid and issued by a federal, provincial or territorial government body. The following is a list of accepted Primary IDs:
- Driver’s License
- Passport – Canadian or other Countries
- Firearms Possession and Acquisition License
- Provincial ID Card
- Federal ID Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card (if issued prior to 2012)
Secondary Identification includes the following:
- Birth Certificate – if name matches only
- Expired Driver’s License
- Medicare Card (excludes NS), must be signed
- Marriage Certificate[SB1]
NOTE: we do not accept credit or debit cards as identification or Record of Photos ID Purchase.
In addition to bringing valid Primary or Secondary IDs, the following is a list of Prize Claim Requirements and Expectations:
- Banking Information (ex: Void Cheque or Pre-Authorized Deposit
from you bank)
- Signed Ticket
- If Group Ticket, the Group Trustee must sign and should indicate “In Trust” on the ticket.
- Prizes will only be paid to the rightful ticket holder or Group Trustee.
- Prize Claim Form must be completed.
- If Group Win (2 or more), a Group Win Agreement Form must be completed by all members of the group.
- Winner(s) must be present during the entire processing time.
- If Winner(s) arrive at a payout location late in the day the prize may not be paid the same day.
The following is a list of Prize Claim Restrictions:
- If you purchase a Non-Barcoded Breakopen Ticket, all Non-Barcoded Breakopen Tickets (excluding winning the Bonus prize) must be redeemed at the location of purchase. Winning the Bonus prize can be redeemed at any Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank) in Atlantic Canada or in person at Atlantic Lottery’s Head Office in Moncton, NB.
- Tickets purchased in other lottery jurisdictions outside of Atlantic Canada must be claimed from the address located on the reverse of the ticket.
- All Prizes must be claimed prior to the expiry date as indicated on the ticket. Expiry dates for Scratch & Win tickets are printed on the reverse of the ticket and other lottery games expiry dates are one year from the draw date as indicated on the ticket. Please ensure you check the expiry date on Scratch & Win tickets at the time of purchase as ALC will not honour prizes for expired tickets.
The following is a list of some general items to note:
- Mondays (and Tuesdays after a Statutory Holiday) tend to have a higher volume of prize claims presented. Prize Claim processing wait times may be longer than other days of the week.
- When planning to claim your prize, please allow time for the processing of your claim.
Atlantic Lottery must verify all Prize Claims before payment is made and your prize may not be paid out the same day.
Receiving a large windfall is exciting and life-changing
At Atlantic Lottery, we’ve been creating millionaires for over 40 years. We’ve seen a lot of happy people come through our doors — almost all of them have had some questions about the money, and how it will affect them and their families.
Here are some tips:
Many of us fantasize about heading to the the malls right away, or handing out cheques to family members. This may come later of course, but it’s good to spend the first few days taking some time to absorb the news. This means avoiding any large decisions immediately, sending the phone to voicemail, or even heading out of town for a few days to let everything sink in.
Once your money is in the bank, it’s time to consider what to do with it. Thinking this through from the outset can make things much easier and straightforward later on. Consult a financial advisor like a bank manager, accountant or investment planner for professional advice based on your personal goals for the future.
Once you hit it big, media will want to photograph and interview you to share your exciting story. You could be featured everywhere from the AL website, to local newspapers, or posters in retail locations. This is all standard — after all, everyone wants to know who the big winners are. Just keep in mind that during your time in the spotlight, your privacy will be respected. Only general information like your name, occupation, hometown and the amount of your win will be released.
Canadians are not taxed on lottery winnings, but any income earned by the winnings is taxable. Tax laws change often and can vary. This is why consulting with finance professionals is so important. Contact a tax specialist or Revenue Canada to find out more.
Winners are sometimes contacted by people known or unknown to them, asking for charitable donations or financial help. Take some time to think through a donation strategy in advance. Make sure that any group you consider donating to is legitimate. Ask to receive requests in writing, and to know exactly where the funds will go. Remember that the money is yours, and only you can decide what to do with it.
Find out more
If you have additional questions, please call our Customer Care Centre at 1-800-561-3942, or read our AL Winners Publicity Policy. Our prize office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Email us Info@alc.ca
For account inquiries or registration assistance: 1-877-252-3287.
Sun to Sat | 8am to 11pm
For all other inquiries 1-800-561-3942.
Mon to Fri | 7am to 10pm
Sat/Sun | 8am to 10pm
You can also use our online form at any time.
PO Box 5500, 922 Main
Moncton, NB E1C 8W6
Mon to Fri | 8:30am to 4:30pm
Nova Scotia Office
1680 Argyle Street
Halifax NS, B3J 0G2
Retail Storefront Hours
Mon to Thurs | 9:00am to 6:00pm
Fri | 9:00am to 8:00pm
Sat & Sun | Closed
Mon to Fri | 8:30am to 4:30pm
Newfoundland and Labrador Office
30 Hallett Crescent
St. John's, NL, A1B 4C5
Mon to Fri | 8:30am to 4:30pm