From pop-up play reminders to PlayWise materials, we have some tools to help support you in keeping within your game plan.
Healthy Play (PlayWise) is about enjoying our games and playing for fun and entertainment. From setting time limits to assessing your play; Atlantic Lottery has some healthy play tools at Video Lottery Establishments to support you in keeping within your game plan.
Always On The Screen
• There is a clock displayed on every video lottery terminal screen, to help you keep track of time.
• Screen displays are always displayed in cash, not credits, to help you manage spend.
• A gambling support line is shown on every terminal.
Take A Break In Play
There are also several features in place that help you break up your play.
• Regardless of the hours of operation of the retail partner, the VLTs only operate during limited hours during the day.
• There are pop-up play reminders at 60, 90, 120, and 145 minutes of play.
• Once these reminders have all passed, a forced cash-out occurs if 150 minutes of continuous play is reached.
• Responsible Gambling Training is a mandatory part of a retailer agreement for establishments that offer VLTs.
• There are materials available on site for you to access, including PlayWise materials. Information ranges from how the games work, the odds of winning and community support. These are placed in locations that are easy to access, often in a more private setting.
Manage What You Spend
• It is recommended that you set a budget before you begin to play. This will help you stay within a budget that is best for you.
• All ATM’s are located off the designated gaming area, cheque-cashing services are prohibited, and retail establishments must not grant you credit of any kind to play.
• Maximum bets, maximum wins and maximum cash-in limits are all in place on every terminal. Once your bank reaches $60, the terminal will no longer accept any additional cash.
• In New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador, Player Service Management (PSM) is available on all VLTs . You can register for an account and can set time and money limits per session, day, week, or month.
Have questions about anything you’ve seen or are looking for more responsible gambling resources?
Check out our PlayWise page at www.alc.ca/playwise or www.yourbestbet.ca in Nova Scotia.