All our games offer a chance to win prizes ranging from a free ticket to millions of dollars. Every play has the same chance of being a winner or loser as the one before it or after it; however your odds of winning prizes of different values vary based on the size of the prize available to be won. For example, the average odds of winning the highest prize combination in most video lottery games can vary from one in tens of thousands up to one in millions, while the odds of winning a smaller prize are better.
There’s nothing wrong with dreaming, but always keep in mind how the games work and your true chances of winning the top prizes.
Gambling Myths and Facts
- Myth: I have been playing this machine for hours. It’s due to pay out.
Fact: You could play forever. It won’t matter. As with all games of chance, the outcomes are completely random. You can’t predict when a win will occur. Every spin has the exact same chance of being a winner or loser.
- Myth: If I press the buttons in a certain order or complete other rituals, my chances of winning increase.
Fact: You can have a ritual, but it won’t affect the outcome. Plays can’t be influenced in any way.
- Myth: If I play Lotto 6/49 regularly for many years, I'm bound to make a profit over time.
Fact: There’s no predicting wins or losses ever. The best plan is thinking of the lottery as entertainment, not as a way to make money.
- Myth: I was only one number away from a big win; so I really should keep on playing.
Fact: A losing ticket is a losing ticket, no matter how close it came to the winning numbers. There’s no predicting a win. Your chances remain the same every time you play.
- Myth: Retailers must know which tickets are winners, so they sell them to friends, family or staff.
Fact: Retailers don’t know. Our employees don’t know. The ticket designers, printers and distributors don’t know. Our strict security procedures ensure that no one knows.
The Slot Machine: What Every Player Needs to Know